Here is a little modification I made to the aluminum hanging rail in our caravan wardrobe.
First I removed the hanging rail
Then I decided how many triangles to remove and how many to leave for support.
I decided on removing two and leaving one.
I used a hacksaw blade to make the cuts
You might be able to use a small grinder
Used pointy nosed pliers to bend them a little first
Then used normal pliers to bend and remove pieces. Did it in two stages.
First one side a little and then the other. Until the pieces fell away
Until it looked like this
Tidied it up with a file
Stripped back a bit shielding from twin core flex
Cut them to length to suit openings and glued them in place
Nearly double the hanging space